Slideshow: Operation Takedown
The Cumberland Safe Streets Program is conducting a second warrant Initiative to be conducted in combination with citizen cooperation. The Operation Safe Streets Initiative begins now. If you have any information on the whereabouts of any of these individuals please contact the Cumberland Police Department at 301-777-1600, the Allegany County Sheriff’s Office at 301-777-5959 or 301-777-1585, the Maryland State Police 301-729-2101 or Allegany & Mineral Counties Crime Solvers 301-722-4300/Toll Free 1-877-722-4307. The Cumberland Police Department’s Safe Streets Team thanks you in advance for your assistance.
- Parking attendants
- Grim: ‘I want to see things through’
- Canal Place authority pursuing plan to develop branding, marketing strategy
- U.S., Taliban to start talks on ending 12-year conflict
- Commissioners postpone Southern Middle funding discussion
- Republican Bongino sets sights on 6th district U.S. House seat
Miami Heat shooting guard Ray Allen (34) shoots a three-point basket in the end of regulation during the second half of Game 6 of the NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday in Miami. The Heat won in overtime to force a Game 7 to be played on Thursday in Miami.
James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
MIAMI — LeBron James led a title-saving charge, and now his crown will be on the line one more time in Game 7.
- Dinicola leads Legion over Taylor Mines, 4-2
- FSU pair named to ECAC South first team
- Sports Roundup - 06/19/2013
- Lolo Jones’ attempt at humor backfires
- Car won’t start but Johnson still wows school kids
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Sports Poll
Freedom isn’t exactly what he thinks it is
In the June 2 Times-News, R. Steele Selby (“Just how free are we?) defines freedom as “the capacity to do whatever he or she wants to do” and asserts that this definition is “most likely nearly universal.”
- What Maryland calls the Fair Share Act isn’t fair at all
- It’s not new
- We have lots to show for our education dollars
- Western Md. Veterans continues its mission
- Maybe the cyclists and casino workers should be armed
- Freedom isn’t exactly what he thinks it is
- What do you think?
We’re all entitled to change our minds
After so many (guess) years of living in the world we live in, a person’s gotta think a little differently about life than she used to. Even if you don’t agree with my new way of seeing things, at least it’s an interesting change.
- What are the odds of this happening to you?
- She’s the one who got away ... four times
- Together, we can eliminate the fake score
- Love is one thing, but Love is quite another
- New book chronicles notable early aircraft
- We’re all entitled to change our minds
- Raw: Massive Protests Fill Brazilian Streets Raw: German President Welcomes President Obama Fans Cheer Dramatic Heat Comeback Raw: Arizona Wildfire Scorches 8 Square Miles