Firefighters from three counties — Allegany, Garrett and Mineral, W.Va. — battled a fire at a building at 16 Broadway in Frostburg late Saturday. The building once housed the city’s magistrate court, said Mayor Robert Flanigan. First-responders reported heavy fire when they arrived at the scene following alert from the Allegany County 911 Center at 8:30 p.m. The fire was reported to be under control at 9:40 p.m. A state fire marshal began his investigation into the blaze about 10:20 p.m., when the fire was reported out. At least two victims were taken from the scene for treatment at the Western Maryland Regional Medical Center. The American Red Cross was called to assist residents who lived in the building. Further information was not available late Saturday. See Monday’s Times-News for complete coverage.
- Parking attendants
- Grim: ‘I want to see things through’
- Canal Place authority pursuing plan to develop branding, marketing strategy
- U.S., Taliban to start talks on ending 12-year conflict
- Commissioners postpone Southern Middle funding discussion
- Republican Bongino sets sights on 6th district U.S. House seat
Miami Heat shooting guard Ray Allen (34) shoots a three-point basket in the end of regulation during the second half of Game 6 of the NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday in Miami. The Heat won in overtime to force a Game 7 to be played on Thursday in Miami.
James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
MIAMI — LeBron James led a title-saving charge, and now his crown will be on the line one more time in Game 7.
- Dinicola leads Legion over Taylor Mines, 4-2
- FSU pair named to ECAC South first team
- Sports Roundup - 06/19/2013
- Lolo Jones’ attempt at humor backfires
- Car won’t start but Johnson still wows school kids
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Sports Poll
Freedom isn’t exactly what he thinks it is
In the June 2 Times-News, R. Steele Selby (“Just how free are we?) defines freedom as “the capacity to do whatever he or she wants to do” and asserts that this definition is “most likely nearly universal.”
- What Maryland calls the Fair Share Act isn’t fair at all
- It’s not new
- We have lots to show for our education dollars
- Western Md. Veterans continues its mission
- Maybe the cyclists and casino workers should be armed
- Freedom isn’t exactly what he thinks it is
- What do you think?
We’re all entitled to change our minds
After so many (guess) years of living in the world we live in, a person’s gotta think a little differently about life than she used to. Even if you don’t agree with my new way of seeing things, at least it’s an interesting change.
- What are the odds of this happening to you?
- She’s the one who got away ... four times
- Together, we can eliminate the fake score
- Love is one thing, but Love is quite another
- New book chronicles notable early aircraft
- We’re all entitled to change our minds
- Obama: 'Lives Have Been Saved' by NSA Programs Obama: Friction in Afghan Talks No Surprise Unusual Heat Wave Bakes Alaska Raw: Massive Protests Fill Brazilian Streets