Firefighters from three counties — Allegany, Garrett and Mineral, W.Va. — battled a fire at a building at 16 Broadway in Frostburg late Saturday. The building once housed the city’s magistrate court, said Mayor Robert Flanigan. First-responders reported heavy fire when they arrived at the scene following alert from the Allegany County 911 Center at 8:30 p.m. The fire was reported to be under control at 9:40 p.m. A state fire marshal began his investigation into the blaze about 10:20 p.m., when the fire was reported out. At least two victims were taken from the scene for treatment at the Western Maryland Regional Medical Center. The American Red Cross was called to assist residents who lived in the building. Further information was not available late Saturday. See Monday’s Times-News for complete coverage.
The Del McCoury Band, starring Del McCoury, far right, performs a song on stage at DelFest at the Allegany County Fairgrounds on Friday evening. The sixth annual bluegrass music festival will continue today and run through Sunday.
It’s high time for DelFest to fire up local economy
For the time being, I’m going to drop being a reporter covering DelFest for a moment and approach the community I grew up in and currently reside in from an opportunity perspective that shoots from the heart.
- Raises for 911 workers for next 3 years
- Some area pools set to open this weekend
- City’s historic Gordon-Roberts House appoints new director
- Oakland man, 32, charged in blaze at ex’s home
- Two officer assaults prompt prison lockdown at Somerset
- It’s high time for DelFest to fire up local economy
Frankfort’s Josh McNeill rounds third on his way to home to score a run on a hit by Braiden Popluhar in the bottom of the seventh inning Friday afternoon at Frankfort High School. The Falcons rally, however, fell short as Bridgeport won the West Virginia Class AA, Region II championship game 9-6, completing the last inning and a half of the suspended game from Thursday.
Patient Bridgeport beats Frankfort, 9-6
It took two days, but Bridgeport returned to Frankfort and increased its two-run lead to three to defeat the Falcons, 9-6, and advance to the Class AA state tournament to be held next week in Charleston at Appalachian Power Park.
- Champs again!
- Campers seek third state title
- BW’s Quincy Redmon voted Player of Year
- Ishler leads Legion past Greg’s Auto
- Sports Calendar - 05/25/2013
- Patient Bridgeport beats Frankfort, 9-6
- Sports Poll
Help keep teen drivers safe during the summer months
Memorial Day marks the beginning of the 100 deadliest days of the year on our nation’s roads for teen drivers.
- Walk Smart
- Trailer case bound to increase scrutiny on town of Piedmont
- Fixing community’s problems starts with your young people
- High priority
- Why are there no answers to these questions?
- Help keep teen drivers safe during the summer months
- What do you think?
If you can read this, thank the Founders
Now and then, people ask me if I am a conservative or a liberal.
I tell them, “Yes,” and that usually confuses them. Then I add that whether I am a conservative or a liberal depends upon the issue.
- Here are curious facts about Earth’s moon
- Feed your memories before they’re used up
- It’s good to be the queens
- Harper just needs to stop scoring the wall
- Rowley proof of experience breeding opportunity
- If you can read this, thank the Founders
- Raw: Trucker Bumps I-5 Bridge Before Collapse Raw: Texas Deputy Shot by Colo. Suspect Honored Major Detours Following Wash. Bridge Collapse American Held in Grisly Czech Murders