A backhoe arrives on the scene as Robert Foley, center, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Detroit division, addresses the media with Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard, right, in Oakland Township, Mich., on Monday. Officials searched for the remains of Teamsters union president Jimmy Hoffa, who disappeared from a Detroit-area restaurant in 1975.
Federal agents revive search for Jimmy Hoffa
Federal agents revived the hunt for the remains of Jimmy Hoffa on Monday, bringing excavation equipment to a field in suburban Detroit where a reputed Mafia captain says the Teamsters boss’ body was buried.
- Four arrested after gunshots heard on city’s North End
- Educator remembered
- Local doctor named West Virginia’s most loyal
- Scouts reunite after 55 years
- Local marbles shooters take aim at Wildwood
- Federal agents revive search for Jimmy Hoffa
Southern Garrett High standout Alli Shaffer will be continuing her soccer career at Bridgewater (Va.) College. Pictured at the signing, front row, left to right, are Southern athletic director Matt Redinger, Alli’s mother, Stephanie Watson, Alli, and Tom Shaffer, Alli’s father. Standing are Southern assistant coach Randy Storey and Southern head coach Sara Shaffer.
Southern’s Shaffer signs with Bridgewater
Alli Shaffer, one of the most prolific offensive players in Southern High School soccer history, has committed to continue her soccer career at Bridgewater College in Bridgewater, Va.
- Hampshire’s Maiers, Ennis voted first-team All-State
- Lakeview remains unbeaten
- Grantsville splits weekend games in Hillbilly Hardball Classic
- Shroyer hurls Barrelville ODC to victory
- Sports Roundup - 06/18/2013
- Southern’s Shaffer signs with Bridgewater
- Sports Poll
It’s not new
America’s governments have always afforded us what’s called “a double-edged sword” — one that cuts both ways — when it comes to the contrasting ideas of openness and security.
- We have lots to show for our education dollars
- Western Md. Veterans continues its mission
- Maybe the cyclists and casino workers should be armed
- Let’s all kick in $1 to help save Frostburg’s Palace Theatre
- Develop the waterway
- It’s not new
- What do you think?
We’re all entitled to change our minds
After so many (guess) years of living in the world we live in, a person’s gotta think a little differently about life than she used to. Even if you don’t agree with my new way of seeing things, at least it’s an interesting change.
- What are the odds of this happening to you?
- She’s the one who got away ... four times
- Together, we can eliminate the fake score
- Love is one thing, but Love is quite another
- New book chronicles notable early aircraft
- We’re all entitled to change our minds
- RAW: NSA Director Says 50 Plots Foiled Boeing, Airbus Battle for Sales Supremacy NYC 911 Call Lasts for 8 Hours Obama: US Has Helped Syrian Rebels