OLDTOWN — A chimney fire that extended into the walls caused the fire at 13801 Lower Town Creek Road on Saturday, according to the Maryland state fire marshal.
The two-story, single-family, wood-frame home owned by Shannon Robison received $175,000 damage to structure and contents.
The occupants were Stacey Williamson and Diane Drabish, who discovered the blaze. There were no injuries.
The 2:43 a.m. fire-fighting operation, led by Oldtown Volunteer Fire Department, included 40 personnel and took 20 minutes to subdue, according to Deputy State Fire Marshal Bruce Bouch.
The dwelling had one working smoke alarm.