- Mike Mathews - Sports
A new dynasty quickly crumbles
John Kruk has always been entertaining.
Gonzaga, DeMatha an instant ACIT classic
If the Gonzaga and DeMatha basketball players and coaches seemed a lot more calm than the fans that packed Frostburg State’s Bobcat Arena Saturday night it was because they were.
This time a shrug and chuckle required
Go to enough high school basketball games, especially in our neck of the woods, and you just might end up seeing everything.
Alco follows familiar path to Comcast
Allegany High boys basketball coach Tedd Eirich never had it so easy, Jordan Grady apparently had never been so thirsty, and the Campers fans have never had more time to plan a trip to the state tournament as they did Saturday at Frostburg State.
Wells hits grand slam with ‘Talented Tenth’
Bob Wells was a stickler for details during his years as the Frostburg State University baseball coach.
- A dream became reality for many because of Femi Pick up a newspaper during the summer months and you’ll find plenty of baseball scores.
- Let them eat cake; they’ve earned it They walked along the sidelines, headed to the fieldhouse, with smiles on their faces and cupcakes in their hands.
For Pirates, a tough sell: patience
During a C-SPAN interview (hey, good television is hard to find) this explanation was given for the need for continued debate on a pending bill:
“Everything that needs to be said has been said, but everyone who wants to say it hasn’t said it.”
- Laffey vs. Adenhart: A battle to the finish, a game for the ages May 13, 2003 - Twenty years from now, half of the city will claim to have been at Allegany yesterday afternoon and will be telling the other half about the best pitched high school baseball game they ever saw.
- Quick fix needed to reverse state tournament woes Someday and somehow, it will happen.
- More Mike Mathews - Sports Headlines
- A new dynasty quickly crumbles